Latest News And Events
Feb 16, 2017
On Feb 15-16, 2017, Professor Kuku was in Berlin, Germany, to attend the 6th Berlin Demography Forum.
November 7-10, 2016
Professor Kuku was in Berlin, Germany November 7-10 and participated in
October 25, 2016
Professor Kuku attended the "2nd African Young Academies Regional conference", October 24-26, 2016 in Mauritius.
October 20, 2016.
Professor Kuku attended the the workshop on "Innovations in investments in young children globaly" in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire
August 24 2016
Professor Kuku attended the TWAS-ROSSA Young Scientists conference and and 6th General Assembly of the Nigerian Young Academy(NYA)
June 29 , 2016
Professor Kuku attended in Bangkok,Thailand the Workshop for capacity development
June 21, 2016
Professor Kuku attended the 10th AAS General Assembly (GA) in Kasane, Botswana, June 20-22, 2016. His Excellency, Lt. Gen. Steretse Khana Ian Khana, the President of Botswana graced the opening ceremony on June 21 with his presence
May 31, 2016
Professor Kuku attended on May 31 the "Korea-Kenya Science and ICT Seminar in Nairobi Kenya hosted by the National Information Society Agency of South Korea
May 3-20, 2016
Professor Kuku was the Chief Organizer of a three -week activity--AAS/AMU Symposium on "Current Research trends in the Mathematical sciences and Applicatons (May 17-20) and a pre-symposium School, (May 3-16)
Professor Kuku led a delegation of six AAS Fellows to attend the 2nd AAS-KAST(Korean Academy and Science and Technology) in Seoul , South Korea on the theme " Bio-Natursl Resources and their applications
March 2, 2016
Professor Kuku attended the Inter Academy Panel (IAP) conference and General Assembly(Feb 29 - March 2, 2016) in Hermanus, South Africa.
February 18, 2016
Professor Kuku attended the G-Science Academy meeting Feb 17-19, 2016 in Tokyo Japan organized by the Science council of Japan.
January 28, 2016
Professor Kuku attended the curriculum transformation conference in Pretoria
December 10, 2015.
Professor Kuku attended , December 9-11, the Symposium on " What new Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Funding Mechanisms in Africa" organized by the Senegalese National Academy of Sciences and Techniques .
November. 19, 2015.
Professor Kuku has been in Benin Republic, Nov 19 - December 20, 2015 as a Distinguished Professor at the IMSP--Institut de Mathematiques et de Sciences Physique , Porto Novo,
September 10, 2015.
Professor Kuku attended the Launching of the AAS platform for Health Research
August 28, 2015.
Professor Kuku attended as a resource person the first African Academy of Science (AAS) Pan-African Science Olympiads (PASO) as well as the 24th edition of
July 28, 2015
Professor Kuku will attend the NAS (National academy of sciences, USA)/EAS (Ethiopian Academy of Sciences) workshop
July 6, 2015
Professor Kuku attended July 6-7 2015, (as President of AAS), the first Bilateral AAS (African Academy of sciences)/KAST (Korean Academy of Science and Technology) Symposium titled "Bio-Sciences and Biotechnology for Socio-economic Development"
Honours, Distinctions and Awards
Prof. Kuku is a recepient of several Honours, Awards and Distinctions both home and abroad. more...
Professor Aderemi Kuku
started his University teaching and research career in 1965 at the then University of Ife as an Assistant Lecturer in Mathematics and was promoted Lecturer in 1967.
He moved to the University of Ibadan as a Lecturer in 1968 and rose through the ranks to become a Professor of Mathematics at the University of Ibadan in 1982.
Professor Aderemi Kuku was Head Mathematics Department, University of Ibadan (1983-86) Dean, Post-Graduate School, University of Ibadan, (1986-90), and Foundation Chairman, Committee of Deans of Postgraduate Schools in Nigerian Universities (1986-90).
He was Professor of Mathematics at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics, (ICTP), Trieste, Italy (a United Nations Research Centre in mathematics and Physics) 1995-2003.
Professor Aderemi Kuku has been the William W.S. Clayton Endowed Professor of Mathematics at the Grambling State University, Grambling, Louisiana, USA. He was president of the African Mathematical Union for nine years 1986-1995. He is also the President of the African Academy of Sciences.
Professor Kuku has rendered numerous academic and scientific services to Nigeria. Africa and the world. He has several visiting positions outside Nigeria some of which include:
1. Member, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ, USA 2003-2004.
2. Visiting Research Professor, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI), Berkeley, California, USA. Fall 1992, 2004.
3. Visiting Professor, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York,USA Spring Semester 1993.
4. Visiting Professor, Max-Planck Institute fur Mathematik, Bonn, Germany.
View his full profile
Professor Aderemi Kuku's Discoveries
Professor Kuku's Research over the years have made remarkable contribution to Non-Commutative Algebra/Number Theory/Geometry.
Some of his discoveries and fundamental results include:
1. Formulating all Higher Algebraic K-theory (abstract topological constructions) in the Representation-theoretic language of Mackey functors leading to his discovery of Equivariant Higher Algebraic K-theory and its relative generalizations in the contexts of exact and Waldhausen categories.
2. Developing methods of computing Higher K-theory of non-commutative rings such as non-commutative orders and groupings as well as twisted polynomials and Laurent series rings over orders with applications to the computations of Higher K-theory of virtually infinite cyclic groups in the context of Farrell-Jones conjecture.
3. Formulating the famous Baum-Connes conjecture (hitherto available only for group actions) for the action of quantum groups and verifying the conjecture in some situations e.g. for quantum SU_2.
4. Computing K-theory and Cyclic homology and hence non-commutative Chern characters of Lie group C*-algebras and quantum groups.
5. Constructing Profinite (Continous) Higher K-theory as extraordinary cohomolgy theory in the context of exact categories and proving several finiteness and l-completeness results for orders and G-schemest(G-algebraic group).
(View a full review of his work)
Professor Kuku has 82 Publications, 51 of which are Research Articles, 10 Books/Monographs/Edited Conference Proceedings and Journals and 21 Articles on Topical Issues in Mathematics Education, Science Education and Technology.
(Download a list of all his publications)
(View his recent publications)
Professor Aderemi Kuku is also a recipient of several Honours, Awards and Distinctions. (View some of his awards)